
Actions speak louder than words. This phrase has integrated its way into numerous sermons and lessons over the years, and it has yet to be proven false. Body language falls under this same category. We use our hands to motion "come here," while we nod our heads to enforce what our hand and arm suggest. Our stance and expression combined can show power, confusion, and even humor.
However, Satan uses the power behind body language. For instance, you could get into line at the movies only to hear someone behind you whisper, "the nerve!..." You then realize you were so excited about your movie that you accidentally cut someone off. You confident stance tipped off the person behind you as being cocky. Body language says it all...even if "all" isn't what you meant to say.
As a woman, I understand the power behind a glance or a stance. All too often do my glances get mistaken for interest or invitation for someone else to be interested. In highschool this was a huge problem for me. I could never understand why a particular someone always thought I was interested in him. Looking back on it now, I see that I always smiled a welcoming smile, always said hello, and always genuinely asked how he was doing (all of which is okay) but added to this i tried to dress "in style", so much so that I ended up flaunting myself at him without meaning to. Today, watch the way you stand, the way you cross your arms, the clothes you wear, and the expressions you find yourself giving people. Although we often don't mean to give the wrong impression, that may be because we don't want to pay attention to it. I challenge you to control your body movements, expressions, and style in such a way that glorifies God.

2 comments:
What is my body language like as a friend, or just a person reacting in this world. I feel that small things said and done can confuse people around me to the way I am. I've been thinking about this lately as well. And I wanted to add to your blog. And as the great, wonderful friend that you are, how am I at this??
sure! buuut i don't know which friend you are..."beloved victory of the people" :) get back to me and i'll do my best.
Post a Comment