
Dwelling – not your humble abode, but the state of mind you often find yourself in when you are deep in thought. You “dwell” on a situation or idea. My favorite time to dwell on issues is when I am driving. Of course, I pay attention to the road and other vehicles surrounding me, but my mind often drifts off toward a pressing issue or concern. When I dwell, I don’t like to stop dwelling until I’ve come to a solid solution. How often do I dwell on the things of the Lord, however? Nine times out of ten I find myself dwelling over trivial issues such as what I might wear to a wedding. It is not often that I dwell on the ways of the Lord. Sure, I try to live each and every moment for the Lord, but just think of how much more effective my faith might be lived out if I dwelled on spiritual issues. What are spiritual issues? Prayer concerns, how to help those in need, ways to reach the lost, or ways to best reach/serve/love those around you. Dwelling on such things just might enhance the way you live…therefore the way you breathe; therefore the way you glorify God. Next time you catch yourself dwelling…check to see if what you’re dwelling on is worthy of glorifying God.

No comments:
Post a Comment